Job Title: Field Service Specialist (Electrical/Mechanical)
Reports to: Service Supervisor
The role of the Field Service Specialist is to provide professional service and support for Cosen Saws, North America customers by performing field service, installations, startups, repairs and maintenance of Cosen Saws equipment. The Field Service Specialist will work within the guidelines, specified in Cosen Saws SOP's, and will follow the established procedures when representing Cosen.
- Candidate must have background in electrical circuitry
- Candidate must have background in hydraulic circuitry
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years working experience in related field
- Background in machine tool or saw cutting industry preferred
Essential Duties - Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installations - Technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel
- Start Ups - Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, startup monitoring,
assist and train.
- Equipment Maintenance - Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Repair - Repairing machines and systems, including rebuilds.
- Troubleshooting - Determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy
- Equipment Selection - Determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job.
- Record Activities - Complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance
- Travel - Up to (50%) to United States, Canada & Mexico sites.
- Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating
and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary, on equipment
manufactured by Cosen Saws.
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment.
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for startup
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to COSEN SAWS NORTH AMERICA standards on
proper operation of their equipment.
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications
and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with engineering, project management, spare parts and management groups to resolve
- Provide written service & expense reports to Service Manager on all activities carried out on
site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair.
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and/or machine operators.
- Work closely with the Service Manager and service coordinator to ensure site work is carried out
in the required order, for completion by the required timeline .
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe
habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site and in the manufacturing facility
and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the Service Manager, Safety
Coordinator and/or HR.
- Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure. Ensure all
are calibrated in good working order to Cosen Saws, North America requirements.
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with custom projects, as well as minor machine
modifications at Cosen's Charlotte facility.
- Assist the parts department with recommended spare parts and wear parts to existing and new
- Perform all minor welding activities in Cosen's Charlotte facility .
- Constant improvement in accuracy on repairs and inspections.
- Keeping work area and shop clean and in show condition at all times.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.